Monday, September 13, 2010

Thailand 2010 (part one)

My husband, Ephraim, and I travelled to Thailand a couple of weeks ago to celebrate our 10th Wedding Anniversary.  We stayed a few nights in Phuket, and then headed over to Koh Samui for six nights. It was such a beautiful holiday and was fabulous to get away for some rest and relaxation. Thailand is a stunning country and the people are absolutely beautiful, so friendly, and loved having their photo taken, which pleased me to no end!

So here are a few of my favourite photos... I've called this "Part one" because I know when I download the photos from our other camera then I'll be doing a "Part two"!

Enjoy!

I need to start with this banana cake that we had for breakfast on our first morning in Phuket. To die for.


On our second day in Phuket we did a day trip to Phi Phi Island, and all of the surrounding islands. It was fantastic!


I know it's not a ball... but all I could hear when I saw this coconut in the sand was Tom Hanks yelling "Wiiiilson" (Castaway)...


Monkey Island!


The water was amazing and at a couple of islands we did some snorkelling. I did not go in the water here, for good reason...
"Come on Alle, come in... it's beautiful and perfectly safe!"...


Only a moment later, this is what was pulled out of the water... right next to where Eph was swimming.


and this... tread on that and you're in a lot of trouble!


One morning on Koh Samui I went out at 5.00am to photograph the sun coming up and the fishermen heading out for the day.


I came across this beautiful family who welcomed me into their home to take a few snaps...



Loved this man cooking on the side of the road. Typically Thai. Dog asleep in front of the house, kittens playing on the roof. Cooking in the open air. Loved it.

His wife was adorable.


Then it was time to take in the view and visit a Buddist temple.


One night we went to this fabulous night market. Was so much fun, although stinking hot!


Chicken Feet Soup anyone??


I love this photo because Ephraim took it, knowing how much I love dogs and how cute I would think this doggy is.


Cocktail Combi!


The morning we left Koh Samui... so beautiful.


Lady boys!


View from one of hotel rooms. Pretty awful hey ;-)


So there's a few snaps for you!  More to come again later.

xx



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures Allison! They make me want to go back to Thailand right now!

    PS Congratulations on 10 years of marriage, I hope there are many, many more anniversaries for you to enjoy taking beautiful pictures of beautiful places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are stunning!! Love how you capture such fantastic images!! Almina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Photography....unbelievable WOW, makes me want to go back right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! i stumbled upon your blog from tripadvisor. love your photos, you're extremely talented. looking fwd to our trip to koh samui :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Allison,

    I have been looking for a place to take my wife next year for our 12th Wedding Anniversary, after reading your blog on the Centara Grand Beach Resort and looking at your photos, I feel that I have found the place, nice pics !!

    ReplyDelete