Monday, January 18, 2010

It's all in the details!

I was asked on the weekend why I like to photograph weddings so much and this got me thinking!  Why do I like photographing weddings so much?  Is it because of all the delightful couples I meet along the way? Yes! Is it because, even after 10 years of being married myself, I still find weddings one of the most beautiful and romantic things in life? Yes! Or is it because I love, and am genuinely honoured, that people put their trust in me to capture their most special day? Of course. There are so many reasons that I am in love with being a wedding photographer!

But one thing really struck a chord in me while I was thinking all of this through, and that is that it's all in the details... It's the little details of each and every wedding I photograph that make them all special and unique. Whether it's a beautifully extravagant wedding, or a small intimate affair, a wedding can take a year or more to plan but ends in a day, and it's the details which you’ve worked so hard on, that bring everything together that tell the story of your amazing day in years to come. I love these little details.

So I thought that I would share just a couple of special details from a few weddings that I have been lucky enough to be a part of... (click on image to view full size.)





Another thought I just had... it's not just weddings where the finer details make the difference. It's life isn't it? It's the small details in each of our lives that make up the bigger picture of what this journey is all about! So let's all look around us, be grateful for what we have and know that we are the lucky ones!

Enjoy your week!
x

3 comments:

  1. Wow - there are some stunning photos there. And welcome to the blogging world - careful, it's addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - I have left you an award over at my blog. Go and check it out! (Oh, and I'm Kellyansapansa from WSA in case you didn't make the connection!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I recongnised your name! :) I shall pop over to your blog and check out this award... I'm still new to this blog world so not sure what it is! :) Allison

    ReplyDelete