Saturday, January 16, 2010

Me and my favourite things!

Hi! I thought it was about time that I jumped onto the "blog bandwagon", so here I am... I'm very excited because this is a way that I can share the recent highlights in my photography journey, as well as all things I find beautiful, fun and inspiring along the way!

So, for my first entry I'd share a little bit about me, the people and the things I love most in my life!

I'm a thirty something girl, married to a wonderful man, have two hilarious dogs, Jake and Chanel, a cockatiel that is yet to perfect her flying, and a number of fish in the pond outside. I grew up in the Adelaide Hills, have a wonderful family and a great circle of friends. After working in a number of different places, I finally took the step in turning my favourite hobby of photography into a career about 18 months ago. I have studied very hard and gained my Certifcate IV accrediation in Photography, and will complete my Diploma of Photoimaging in a couple of short months. I love it. I love capturing moments... laughter, sadness, craziness, ... I love capturing life.

So for now, enough about me. Here are some things that make me smile...

This is my husband, Ephraim.  He is my endless source of love, patience, understanding and encouragement. He is a beautiful soul, an excellent cook, laughs at his own jokes, but more importantly...laughs at mine. He is the love of my life.





This is one of my sister's, Tanya, and her twin daughters, Abigail and Brianna. They're hilarious, and are little miracles in our family.





This is my dad. I love that he'll act crazy for me, just because I ask... but he never requires much prompting anyway!  He's dad.  He's awesome.




These are my three little darlings...

Jake.  His favourites things to do are sleep, go for runs, and bite water. He is cross-eyed, clumsy, is a massive sook and growls when he's grumpy. Typical male. :)




This is Chanel. Stylish, gentle and bossy.

 


And this is Chloe... the bird that never gives up, no matter how many crash landings she has.




So there's just a small bit about me and my life. There's other important people that I'll soon introduce you to, so consider this a "Part 1"!

Happy days!



5 comments:

  1. Love the blog Alle, but I love everything you do girl :) So very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alle! Love your new blog! I look forward to reading more...when you coming to visit me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this all looks great! I am new to the blog world too and am very addicted - I can't imagine how bad it will make my procrastination issue once school goes back...

    I love the pic of Jake, and your dad looks like such a laugh! I can't imagine getting my father to pull such faces! Awesome :)

    PS: I am the daggy Laura who couldn't remember when we were meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Blog. Looking forward to some more.
    Don't know if you remember me, but you did some great photography at my wedding.
    Take a look at my website
    www.blu-elephant-design.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura - thanks lovely! I tried calling you today! Didn't get through??

    Hi Meena - of course I remember you!! You would have just had your 1st wedding anniversary!! How are things going??

    ReplyDelete