Friday, April 2, 2010

A little bit of creativity...

It's amazing how a little bit of creativity feeds my soul...  In my latest venture on the journey for my Diploma in Photography, I participated in a Concepts class.  For the first few weeks of class I felt as though all of my creative energy had been zapped from me and I found myself struggling to know what I would like to photograph. For me it was a bit like the old saying... "How long is a piece of string"...  only I didn't know which end of the string to start at!

Then a couple of weeks before assessment, I started to discover my love for pinhole photography. I had tried to make a camera out of paper, however my lack of patience and dislike for reading instructions soon got the better of me and I set about finding my own "there-must-be-an-easier-way-than-this" way.  So my digitial "pin-hole" camera with self-made lens was born. And I love it like a mother loves her new born baby. (For those that aren't sure of what a pin-hole camera is, basically I made my own lens out of a lid and pricked the end of it with a pin so that I could let some light in and onto the image sensor! It gives a soft, grainy effect with a beautiful vignette.)

So although the Concepts class started out to be my hardest class of all, I have found that with a little bit of persistence, a dash of creativity and a whole lot of falling in love with simple photography again, I have delivered the prints for assessment that I am most proud of to date. 

I thought I'd share them with you!











Also had a lot of fun creating some "postcards" with a number of my images.



Happy Easter everyone!

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME work Allison, you did great at assessment and am glade you rediscovered yourself in this amazing work. I cant wait to see more work from your pin hole.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Allison, they are stunning! You are so clever to come up with something so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous my friend. Love it! So are you going to produce your postcards or are they just for assessment. You are so amazing. Love you. FB

    ReplyDelete