Thursday, April 8, 2010

married: Kirsty + Pete: 3 April 2010

Kirsty + Pete joined their lives together this Easter in the beautiful Adelaide Botanical Gardens. You may remember them from their fun engagement session with the yellow and blue helium balloons that I photographed earlier this year.  These two are as wonderful as they come and their friends and family were delightful too! The day was filled with smiles, laughter, tears and pure joy. I'm thrilled to share some of my favourite images with you!!

Arriving at Pete's house, one of the first things I noticed was Kirsty's "Things to do" board... she's super organised! Notice the "D-Day" on the 3rd! 

Probably the most serious photo of Pete that I managed to get all day!



The guys.


Over at the girls house, things were in full swing!

 


 Loved the bows on the Bridesmaids' dresses.


Sometimes getting into a wedding dress can be a little tricky!


Kirsty, looking and feeling like a Princess!


Putting on the veil is serious business...


This little cutie arrived to give Kirsty a special Congratulations card that she'd made.




Time to head off!


Upon arriving at the Botanical Gardens, I noticed this beautiful little lady who seemed to be looking for someone special. I don't know if it was because she made me think of my late Grandmother, who I was very close to, but I snapped a picture of her anyway...


...only to find out it was Kirsty's Grandmother!


We had a few moments spare before we had to head down for the ceremony to commence, so I snapped a couple of fun shots of the girls!


Butter wouldn't melt in their mouths!


Sweet little flower girl.


Here comes the Bride.


Pete was so happy to see Kirsty, and got through his vows beautifully...


I love this photo of Kirsty... Right before her "happy tears" flowed...

..and flowed...


...and flowed.


Pete. What a classic.

First kiss! (I love the little ducks in the background who came up to have a squizz!)


Here I was capturing what I thought was a "heartfelt" moment...



...only to find out that Pete played an icky "ear" trick on Kirsty.


Cool socks!


Time for some photo fun.


These guys didn't require much encouragement!



Peek-a-Boo!



Kirsty + Pete held their wedding reception at the Beach House, Glenelg, so it was great fun to be able to enjoy some of the rides, including the gorgeous Carousel!


Then we headed onto the beach for some sunset shots. It was such a beautiful evening!


My fabulous assistant, Leanne, captured this shot. I love it!


Romance.


Now this is what I call a Wedding Cake!



Kirsty + Pete had also included some wedding photos of their parents/grandparents at the reception. What a lovely touch!


Just for fun!

Kirsty + Pete, what a pleasure it has been getting to know you both. You are both true treasures and I know you will have a lifetime of love and laughter! All the very best! xx




4 comments:

  1. Love these photos,they really capture their personalities! What a stunning pic of the bride looking through her veil. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fun photos and what a great cake...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ones of them on the ride at the Beachhouse and at the beach. They are all beautiful but these are my favourite!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In capturing what was a beautiful celebration of two beautiful people in these photos is a beautiful gift to all..........the photo with Kirsty and the bridesmaids getting ready with her back to us.....also a beautiful representation of what happens between the girls.

    ReplyDelete