Wednesday, April 7, 2010

married: Vanessa + Anthony: 1 April 2010

I love weddings. Always have, always will. I am so very blessed to have a job that allows me to share in the significance of a wedding day for so many beautiful couples, and to capture a lifetime of memories for them.  I find each and every wedding I do so very special, however the wedding of Vanessa + Anthony was extra special to me.

I first met Vanessa, and her family, many years ago when they first shifted to Australia from the UK many years ago, so, to catch up with this beautiful family once again was fantastic. From the moment Vanessa's father, Paul, answered the door with a joke about his amazing posing skills, I knew that nothing had changed, and that it was going to be an absolutely fabulous day.  On with the show!.....

Anthony was rather relaxed when I arrived. 


A few little nerves settled in once the suits were going on though!



What a gorgeous smile!



 
It felt like Christmas morning when I arrived at Vanessa's parents home. Vanessa's mum, Kath, had not only decorated the house with beautiful big white bows, but had tied little white ribbons to all of the trees lining the driveway! (At least I didn't have to guess which house the Bride was in!)


Like Anthony, Vanessa seemed to be very relaxed when I arrived. Always a good sign for a Bride!


Loved the cute little text that Anthony had sent to Vanessa that morning.

Vanessa's dad, Paul, still as funny as I remembered!


Vanessa's mum made the morning at home so special by decorating beautifully!


Vanessa and the adorably cute, Jemma.


Vanessa's dress was breathtaking.



Make-up time...


Followed by final touches to the hair...


Add some jewellery...

Then it's time to get dressed!


Voila!


This was one of the most touching moments I've ever witnessed. Vanessa's father, Paul, having his first look at his beautiful daughter as a bride.


While Paul stepped away for a moment to compose himself, Vanessa too dried her tears.



Vanessa. Beautiful.


And she's ready to go!


Vanessa + Anthony held their wedding ceremony and reception at Golding Wines, Lobethal. It was a stunning location!

 

When you're in need of a hat, why not make one out of your hankerchief!





First kiss!



Vanessa + Anthony travelled around Europe in this gorgeous little car (Baked Bean) and then brought it back to Australia. It was only fitting that we included it in their wedding photos!


 




Celebrating with friends!


This is Vanessa's mother (middle). Isn't she lovely!


"Stop it! I can't take it anymore!!" (hee hee)



Vanessa and her stunning twin sister, Sophia.

 

Here I was innocently taking a photo of the back of Vanessa's beautiful dress, when I noticed this cheeky monkey...



A stunning reception venue.


Vanessa + Anthony, it was my utmost pleasure to spend the day with you both, and with your family and friends.  I have loved catching up with you again and wish you all the happiness in the world for your future together!  Lots of love to you both. xx

7 comments:

  1. your photos are very beautiful Allison. I hope we can book you for our wedding! Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Telemnar - WSA forumApril 7, 2010 at 8:17 PM

    The photo of her dad on the verge of crying and then the picture of her wiping away tears just made me cry. Wonderful moments captured on what looks like a fabulous day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oi, you! Stop being so good! These are beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having known Allison and her beautiful family years ago, i was excited when we got in touch again after many years. I was still living in Vienna when i found out Allison is now doing photography and remember thinking instantly this is who i want to photograph my wedding one day. I knew the she would be spectacular but i was still surprised just how magical she made everything, photos are forever but she didn't just take a picture she managed to capture our thoughts and feelings and tell our story of our special day. Thank you Allison, you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vanessa, thank you. You just brought a tear to my eye. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How am I going to explain these tears to my husband ... he won't believe I'm crying while looking at photos of a wedding in which I don't know anyone! :)
    The photos of the bride's father seeing her for the first time just pushed me over the edge into a blubbering mess.
    Beautiful shots of a beautiful wedding.

    ReplyDelete